HTML basics

Extend your Visa

CRC  Immigration Services Ltd.

Extend your stay in Canada as a visitor
If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you must apply to do so. Check your temporary resident status to make sure you apply before the expiry date. This will be on your study or work permit, the stamp in 
your passport
or, if you do not have a stamp in your passport, 6 months from the day you entered Canada. You should apply 30 days before your status expires.

  • extend your visitor, student or work status,
  • change your permit type (for example, from a study permit to a work permit) or
  • change your permit condition(s) (for example, if you are studying and you want to change schools, or if you are working and you want to change jobs).

Extend your work permit

A work permit allows you to work in Canada temporarily.
You must apply to extend your work permit if you want to stay in Canada for any of the following reasons:

  • Your job is extended or changes
  • You are offered a different job in Canada
  • You want to live and work in Canada permanently 
  • You want to leave Canada and then re-enter

What happens:

  • If your work permit expires after you have submitted your application for an extension but before you receive a decision on your application
  • If  you have applied to extend your work permit and plan on traveling outside Canada while your application is in process 

 Become a Permanent Resident

You can apply to become a permanent resident from inside Canada if you:

  • are a refugee or a protected person,
  • are a spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
  • are a live-in caregiver,
  • hold a valid temporary residence permit or
  • are applying under the Canadian Experience Class.

For more information about Applying any Visa Extension or Permanent Residency
 contactCRC Immigration Services Ltd.