HTML basics


CRC  Immigration Services Ltd.

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18 years old, you can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada under the Family Class. These can be:

  • your spouse,
  • your conjugal or common-law partner,
  • your dependent child (this includes an adopted child) or
  • other eligible relatives.

If your family member can become a permanent resident, they can live, study and work in Canada. Your family member must have medical, criminal and background checks. If they have a criminal record or are a risk to Canada’s security, they may not be allowed to enter Canada. When you sponsor one of these relatives to become permanent residents of Canada, you must support them financially. This means you have to meet certain income guidelines.

To be a sponsor you must:

  • Agree in writing to give financial support to your relative, if they need it
  • Your relative must also agree to try to support themselves.

If you live in Quebec, Citizenship and Immigration Canada must approve you as a sponsor first. Then you must also meet Quebec’s conditions to be a sponsor.

Sponsor your parents and grandparents:

If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own essential needs and those of your parent or grandparent. You are responsible for supporting your parent or grandparent financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your parent or grandparent does not need to seek social assistance from the government.

 For those who wish to bring their families to Canada, the Super Visa still remains a quick and easy way to reunite parents and grandparents with their loved ones.

For more information how to apply for sponsorship contact CRC Immigration Services Ltd.